A well known Midwest dairy and juice producer.
Reliable and accurate date coding is essential to manufacturers of dairy & juice products. Short shelf life and high volume mean losses add up quickly if a production line goes down. This producer of dairy and juice products was losing thousands of dollars daily because of unreliable ink-jet printers.
RMH Systems Solution:
Numerous ink-jet suppliers were considered, but the Leibinger JET3pro with IP65 rated cabinet was chosen for a number of reasons:
- Leibinger’s industry exclusive automatic sealing print-head eliminates frequent cleaning, safeguards the nozzle and return line and is field serviceable.
- Preventative Maintenance is simple, inexpensive and there are no expensive sub-assemblies to replace.
- The Jet3 will not shut-off during production when a PM alert is indicated.
- Lowest cost of operation; no system flush required and minimal solvent needed for cleaning print-head.
- JET3 user interface is easiest for all levels of plant personnel to operate.
With such a dramatic improvement in productivity and overall equipment effectiveness, their ROI was much shorter than anticipated. The replacement schedule of their remaining ink-jets has been accelerated based on their confirmed cost savings. This has been the case with so many satisfied Leibinger customers.